Sunday 20 March 2011

Background


I live in Canada and as such need to deal with the cold winters and brief summers.  I've always been a fan of camping but never took the leap from car camping to full on hiking till just recently.  The challenge for me is that hauling a 60lb backpack to "enjoy" the outdoors seemed like a terrible idea.  I've read many great blogs and trip reports from many people and it seemed that less is more.  When you pack less its lighter, you sweat less, you cover more ground, and you enjoy the scenery more and completely forget whats on your back.  Trouble is winter is cold where I'm from!  Surviving -27C nights without hauling a ton of gear seemed like an uphill battle.  Hopefully over the next few posts I can explain what I use during these cold winter nights and how I keep the weight at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment